Profiles of Historic Sites
[NEIGHBOURHOOD: Downtown Business Industrial Area]
33010 Railway Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1909-1999
The CPR Train Station once stood in the "Y" formed by CPR lines on the western end of Railway Avenue, at the foot of Grand Street. It was destroyed by fire in 1999.
33157 1st Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1929
This building was originally Mission City's first Municipal Hall. It operated from 1929 until 1974 and since then has been occupied by a number of restaurants. This building is located on the north side of First Avenue between the current Rex Cox Men's Wear and CIBC.
33219 First Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1924
The Masonic Hall is a two-storey, white building on the north side of First Avenue, in the downtown business district; it is the second building east of the Welton Street intersection, betwen the Bank of Nova Scotia and the Gold Bin jewelry store.
33191 First Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1935
Mission's Post Office is a three storey brick and cement building, a well known fixture of the downtown core. It sits at the corner of First Avenue and Welton Street with a south eastern facing entrance.
33047 First Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1940
The Record Office is a single storey wood frame building, situated along the strip of shops on the north side of First Avenue between James and Grand Street. The building has a flat front with a flush door and two large display windows.
32965 First Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1936
The old legion is a large building that sits in the "V" formed where the Lougheed Highway meets the west end of First Avenue. The front entrance faces north-east. It's currently occupied by various businesses.
32995 First Avenue | Downtown BIA | Est. 1908
A square cement-block building on the corner of First Avenue and Grand Street with two storeys above ground. The building is currently white with green trim and has many windows on all sides and old-fashioned overhangs.